English Lesson Plan for Beginners – Around the House
Lesson Goals: At the end of this English lesson, students should be able to recognize the most basic prepositions of place, and use them properly. They will become familiar with basic vocabulary related to rooms in the house, and furniture.
Target Grammar: Prepositions of place IN/ON/ BEHIND/ IN FRONT/ NEXT TO
Target Vocabulary: Around the house (rooms and furniture)
1. Listen to the text. Choose titles for the different paragraphs. Fill in the blanks.
Please note, there are no audio files available for this exercise. The teacher must read the text for their students. If you are interested in lesson plans that include audio files, please feel free to visit our shop.
My family and I live in a house.
In one of the rooms we have a sink and a big round ____________.
There is ___________ fruit on the table and two plates _____________to the fruit.
There are six ____________ around the table.
There is another _____________, which is very bright, and very big. There is a big brown _____________. There is a table in front of the sofa. There are beautiful ______________on the table. Our big TV is on the __________ in front of the table and sofa.
2. Put the words from the box in the correct column/ room. There is more than one correct answer.
table | plate | bed | chair | desk | TV | sofa
- kitchen: _____________________________________________________
- living-room: _________________________________________________
- bed-room: ___________________________________________________
1. Connect the pictures with the sentences. Where is Stuart?
Stuart in behind the boxes.
Stuart is in the box.
Stuart is on the box.
2. Look at the picture. Finish the sentences.
- There is a towel _______________ wall.
- The bin is _____________ to the sink.
- There is a mirror _______________ the sink.
3. Put the sentences in order.
- There are six plates/ the kitchen table/ on.
- Your bag/ the kitchen/ is in.
- Under the bed/ My brother’s/ dog is.
1. Describe your house in 8 sentences.
Download your files