ESL/ EFL lower intermediate lesson plan (A2) – How questions (How long, how far etc.) – Nature
Lesson Functions: How questions
Target Vocabulary: Natural World
[adrotate banner=”12″] [adrotate banner=”7″]
1. Listen to the text and choose a title for each paragraph from the box.
Gianna likes hiking and being outdoors. She always goes on long walks with her dog, Dr. Strangelove. Dr. Strangelove is a very long name for a dog, and that’s why everyone calls him Doc. Gianna found him on the street one foggy night two years ago, and took him home.
Well, nobody really knows. He wasn’t a puppy when Gianna met him. The vet says he is about 4 years-old now.
Gianna and Doc are going on a long hike next summer in the mountains. If they are lucky, it will be sunny.
2. Mark the statements T for True and F for False.
- Doc doesn’t really go hiking with Gianna.
- Gianna found Doc in the woods.
- The vet doesn’t know how old Doc is.
|How long is the Amazon river?||How old is that tree?|
|How many apples do you eat every day?||How much coffee do you drink?|
1.Make questions for the answers using How long / How high etc.
- The river Nile is 6 650 km long.
- Mount Everest is 8 848 m high.
- There are about 160 trees in this garden.
2.Write words with the opposite meaning.
1. Work in pairs. Student A and describes to Student B. Then Student B draws a picture according to the description. (what needs to be described here is a place in nature : a beach, a mountain view etc.)
Please note, this is not the full lesson plan. If you would like the get the full lesson plan + the audio file, check out the full version at out shop here.
[abcf-grid-gallery-custom-links id=”1599″] [adrotate banner=”10″] [adrotate banner=”11″]