[adrotate banner=”12″] [adrotate banner=”7″]
A2 Level Pre-intermediate EFL/ ESL Lesson Plan
Lesson Functions: Adverbs of time: just, now, already
Target Vocabulary: School and Studying
1. Listen to the texts and fill in the blanks:
I am Rin and my first day of the school-year was really __________________ . My classmates, Tom, and Audrie were sitting just ________________. me in biology class, and Tom was sitting right next to me in math. We had ____________________. fun. But we have to start studying a lot too. Now, I am finishing a history project that I was doing in the ______________.
2. Answer the questions.
- Who was sitting behind Rin in biology class?
- What is Rin doing now?
- What did Otto do after school?
3. Match the word with its definition.
|pass||a fixed period of time for school or office|
|college||to succeed in an examination|
|term||place to get higher education|
- e.g. John has just finished reading that book. (John finished reading that book 5 minutes ago.)
- Pradeep just called. (Pradeep called a minute ago.)
Already indicates that something has happened earlier (or earlier than expected).
- e.g. It is 2.29h but the bus has already left! (It was supposed to leave at 2.30)
- John has already finished his homework. (He finished it earlier than expected.)
Now means that the action is happening at the moment of speaking or at present.
- e.g. I am doing a science project now.
- Pierre is now taking a chemistry course.
1. Underline the correct word.
- I am working on a project/ college for my biology class.
- Jane passed/ made the test with a very good grade.
- The math diploma/ textbook can be found in the library.
2. Put the adverb in the correct position.
- Monica has finished the biology exam. (just)
- Our teacher is writing on the blackboard. (now)
- She has marked the exams and we will have the results tomorrow. (already)