ESL/ EFL Intermediate Lesson Plan: Question Tags; Looks
Lesson Functions: Question Tags
Target Vocabulary: Looks
[adrotate banner=”12″] [adrotate banner=”7″]
1. Listen to the text. Fill in the blanks.
How have you been this past week? Well, since I got a lot of ___________, and ideas for ‘How to’
videos for today, I was wondering for some time which topic to choose. Some of you wanted advice on smart __________, but most of you preferred an emphasis on the make-up tips ______ ______. What I chose, eventually, is to do a tutorial about the classic smoky eye. Most of you have tried this look, haven’t you? It is _______ _______ _______, though. I’ll try to guide you step by step on how to make a sexy smoky eye.
1. Apply a thick line of black liner along the upper lash line. To soften it, apply black powder eye
shadow on ________.
2. Listen to the text again. Mark T for True and F for False.
- Many people requested a sewing tutorial.
- Some people want to know which hair-cuts are fashionable.
- This is a step by step guide of how to get the smoky eye.
What are Question Tags?
They are short questions that we put at the end of the sentence, usually in spoken language.
1. Make question tags from the statements:
- She should be more careful when exercising.
- This is the best nail polish for the price.
- Mariah made me a gorgeous French braid.
2. Fill in the blanks with the correct form of the verb:
- That bald guy over there is your son-in-law, ________ he?
- Since she has diabetes, she must be watching her weight, and diet, ________ she?
- Tinna wasn’t very good at putting make-up on, ________ she?
1. Make five question tags using some of the words from the box.[adrotate banner="8"]