Would like/ Would like to A1 Beginner English Lesson – Animals and Nature
Lesson goals: At the end of this lesson, students will learn when and how to use “would like (to)”. Also, they will learn key animals, and nature vocabulary suitable for A1 Beginner English level.
Target Grammar: Would like/ Would like to
Target Vocabulary: Animals and Nature
1. Listen to Ana’s story and fill in the blanks.
My ____________ Ana said she’d like to have a big ____________ on the beach one day. She’d like to have two ____________ and a cat to ____________ with in the house. “____________ to go out and play with them ____________ in the summer, when the ____________ is nice”, she said. She is not ____________ if she’d like to ____________ a pet fish, because they are too ____________ and don’t know how to ____________.
2. Mark the sentences T for true, and F for false.
- Ana would like to have a big house on the beach. T F
- Ana would like to have two cats and a dog. T F
- She wouldn’t like to have fish, because they don’t know how to play. T F
- Ana would like to play on the beach when it’s raining. T F
WOULD LIKE TO
a cup of tea.
have a big house one day.
WOULD NOT (WOULDN’T)
a cup of tea.
have a pet fish.
3. Positive questions
a cup of tea?
go for a walk?
1. Make the sentences positive.
- I wouldn’t like to go to the river and see the fish.
- Tom wouldn’t like to have a cat.
- Ana wouldn’t like to go to the park and play there.
- I wouldn’t like a cup of tea.
2. Would like to оr would like?
- a cup of tea (would like/ would like to)
- run in the park with my dog (would like/ would like to)
- go to the beach in the summer (would like/ would like to)
- a sandwich (would like/ would like to)
1. Using ‘would like’ make a list of five things you’d like to do in the summer. Use full sentences.
Image source: here