Prepositions Of Place English Lesson Plan for Beginners
Around The House
The present A1 English Lesson Plan is suitable for English teachers working with A1 (beginner) English students. Our lesson plans are created in accordance with the Commom European Framework Of Reference of languages (CEFR). At the end of each lesson you will find a download link to the Answer Sheet.
Lesson Goals: At the end of this English lesson, the students should be able to recognize the most basic prepositions of place, and use them properly. They will become familiar with basic vocabulary related to rooms in the house, and furniture.
Target Grammar: Prepositions of place IN/ON/ BEHIND/ IN FRONT/ NEXT TO
Target Vocabulary: Around the house (rooms and furniture)
1. Listen to the text. Choose titles for the different paragraphs.
My family and I live in a house. In one of the rooms we have a sink and a big round table. There is some fruit on the table and two plates next to the fruit. There are six chairs around the table.
The other room in the house is small. There is a bed and a desk next to the window. I go there in the evening to sleep.
There is another room, which is very bright, and very big. There is a big brown sofa. There is a table in front of the sofa. There are beautiful flowers on the table. Our big TV is on the wall in front of the table and sofa.
2. Put the words from the box in the correct column. There is more than one correct answer.
|table | plate | bed | chair | desk | TV | sofa|
3. Read the text. Draw a picture of the room.
It’s a very big room. There is a white board on the wall. There are many desks in the room. There is a chair behind each desk. There are big windows and it is very bright. There are textbooks, notebooks, and pens on the desks.
1. Connect the pictures with the sentences.
|The ball is under the table.|
|The ball is in the box.|
|The ball is on the table.|
|The ball is behind the box.|
|The ball is next to the table.|
2. Look at the picture. Finish the sentences.
- A ball is _________ the box.
- There are flowers _________ the TV.
- There is a picture _________ the wall.
- There are flowers _________ the table.
- The sofa is _________ the ball.
- The table is _________ the window.
- The TV is _________ the lamp.
3. Put the sentences in order.
- The two boxes / under the table/ are
- The box /the table/ is on
- The two cats/ the fence/ are behind
- There is/ under the Christmas tree/ a present
- Your bag/the kitchen/ is in
- The TV is/the living-room table/ in front of
- There are six plates/the kitchen table/ on
- Under the bed/ My brother’s/ dog is
Describe your house in 8 sentences.
Ask your partner about their living-room, kitchen, and bedroom. Draw a picture.
From Our Shop